Abstract submission deadline: January 20, 2018
Abstracts that address the latest clinical practice, education, innovation, research/evidence based practice, leadership and management, informatics, healthy workplaces, risk management and service development issues or any other latest trends and developments relevant to dermoscopy, are welcome for Free Communication or for e- poster presentation.
Free Communication sessions are sessions aimed at novice presenters. The time allotted for a free paper presentation will be 6 minutes. Short discussion will be scheduled at the end of the session.
Poster presentations will be displayed as e- posters during the 5th WCD Congress. Posters are an effective method of communicating in public forum. They represent ideas in a graphical format, are interactive and promote productive discussion between poster authors and colleagues.
Further guidelines for poster format will be given in an acceptance letter.
Recording of presentations
Please note that all accepted presentations may be recorded onsite. If the Scientific Committee proceed with recording presentations individual permission will be sought.
Publication of abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be published in the abstract book of the congress, handled to all registered participants in a USB stick or a CD Rom.
• Further details, dates etc. will be announced on a later stage through the congress website.
– Abstracts should be submitted only online through the congress website.
• The online system will take you step by step through the abstract submission process.
• Abstracts will be presented as Free Papers and e- Poster presentations in the designated area. Please indicate your preference on the type of presentation.
The Scientific Committee of the 5th WCD Congress reserves the right of the final decision on the presentation type.
- The preferable topic of the scientific programme must be indicated (with relevant number) among the following topics:
- Skin Imaging
- Reflectance confocal microsopy
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Skin Cancer
- Non-melanoma Skin Cancer
- Benign non-melanocytic tumors
- Digital monitoring
- Management of skin cancer patients
- New melanoma treatments
- New treatments for non-melanoma skin cancer
- Dermoscopy for monitoring treatment response
- Dermoscopy and biologic treatments
- Dermoscopy and targeted therapies
- After the form is filled, a Word file with your abstract should be attached.
• After successful submission you will automatically receive a confirmation message via e-mail with a unique reference number corresponding to your submission.
• Decision of acceptance will be sent to the e-mail of the author submitting the abstract.
• File size should not exceed 2MB.
• Please be aware that all abstracts must be accompanied by the paid registration of at least one author (Presenting) in order to be considered as submitted for review.
Abstracts must be written and presented in English only.
- Include the following information:
- The abstract should include: Title, name(s) of author(s), presenter(s), information and institute, background, focus of interest, theoretical framework – presenting relevant literature references, results and conclusions.
- The research, empirical studies or evidence-based practice abstracts should include; background, purpose of the study, goals, research problems, brief description on methodology, theoretical framework -presenting relevant literature references, results and the implications for perioperative nursing.
- Key words should be mentioned either in the beginning or at the end of the text.
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time used.
- Preferred type of presentation should be mentioned from the beginning: Free Communication paper or e- poster.
- The Scientific Committee of the 5th WCD accepts submissions with abstracts of maximum 300 words (not including name or title of presenter), featuring research/evidence based practice, clinical improvements/innovations or informational topics.
- The work should be submitted in an attached file . Doc ( Word document ). The work must be prepared in A4 format. The form allows to send only 1 document (file). No images required for abstracts.
References should be listed at the end of the text and organized as follows:
- publications numbered in the same order of citation in the text
- included in the text as a number in brackets, eg. (1)
- cited as:
- Magazines: eg.: Smith DG, Jones AS, Harrison JK. Salivary estriol in infertile women. Br J Obstet Gynecol, 2001; 145: 34-8
- Chapters in books: eg.: Persson F, Rossi S. Development of fetal brain in utero. In: Magnetic resonance imaging in pregnancy. Smith FR, Taylor T (eds).5th ed. Philadelphia, JP Lippincott, 2003; 356-9
- cite all authors up to 6; if more than 6, cite the first 3 and then et al.
Withdrawing an abstract
If you want to withdraw an abstract please contact the Congress administrator by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the reference code assigned to your abstract when submitting.
Abstract Submission deadline: January 20, 2018
Notification of acceptance of Abstracts: March 15, 2018
Submissions received after the date listed above will not be considered.
For any further information and changes at your submission form or the abstract please contact the Congress Secretariat at email@example.com