Formal application requirements
5th World Dermoscopy Congress “Travel Grant”
In the occasion of the 5th World Dermoscopy Congress, the International Dermoscopy Society (IDS) will assign 20 Travel grants (1000 Euros each) for clinicians coming from developing Countries*.
The grants are directed to young clinicians (<40 years), that can apply by sending their CV and an abstract for poster presentation during the upcoming congress in Thessaloniki to the Secretary of the IDS.
General conditions for application:
-The grants are exclusively reserved for IDS members. If you are not a member yet, please register before submitting your application (www.dermoscopy-ids.org)
- Applicants must not be chair of an academic institute, leader of a working group or previously rewarded by the IDS travel grants.
- The travel grants are not intended to run concurrently with other awards funded by IDS, and by other agencies or societies.
- Applications that have undergone a review and selection process and were not selected for the award can be resubmitted the following year(s) without further modification.
- The IDS does not guarantee any tax issue that may arise either in the home or in the host country and any taxes have to come out of the Award. The IDS is a non-profit, non- governmental international organization whose awards are not automatically endowed with any particular tax privileges. It is the sole responsibility of the recipient of an award to pay any tax, which may be levied upon him/her by the appropriate national authority.
Criteria for grant application
- Young IDS members under 40 years of age coming from one of the eligible Countries*;
- Must not have previously received a IDS Travel Grant;
- Submission of application within deadline (August 31st 2017), including a brief CV (1 page), list of publications, and abstract for poster presentation (max 500 words)**
- Starting date for submission: April 1st 2017
- All material must be submitted as single file named ids-travelgrant_name electronically to the Secretary of the IDS, Dr. Aimilios Lallas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acknowledgement of receipt by email
- Review and evaluation of the material will be made by 3 IDS members selected by the IDS Executive Board: (Cristina Carrera, Michael Marchetti and Philipp Tscandl).
- Notification of outcome by e-mail by the end of December 2017, and official assignment of the grant during the 5th World Congress in Thessaloniki.
* Here attached the list of Developing Countries, “Countries with a Gross National Income (GNI) of USD $11,905 and less in 2010 are defined as developing countries, as specified by the World Bank.” List updated December 2016:
Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; American Samoa; Angola; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Democratic Republic; Congo, Republic; Costa Rica; Cote d’Ivoire ; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt, Arab Republic; El Salvador; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran, Islamic Republic; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Democratic Republic; Kosovo; Kyrgyz Republic; Lao PDR; Latvia; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Lithuania; Macedonia, FYR; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia, Fed. Sts; Moldova; Mongolia; Montenego; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Romania; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Serbia; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Lucia; St. Vincent and the Grenadines; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela, RB; Vietnam; West Bank and Gaza; Yemen, Rep.; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
** Poster should be prepared as following:
Given Name Last Name, Degree,1; Given Name Last Name, Degree,2 Given Name Last Name, Degree,3; Given Name Last Name, Degree,4 etc…
1 Affiliation (Institution, Department, Address)
2 Affiliation (Institution, Department, Address) etc..
Abstract (not more than 500 words)
Submissions that do not fulfill the requierements will not be considered for the application!!!!